– The loss of your loved one
– The changes in your life
– Pain, emptiness, restlessness
– Anger, guilt, remorse
– Hopelessness and loneliness
– Time to heal
– Time to think and remember
– Someone to talk to
- Crying is an acceptable and healthy expression of grief and a release of built-up tension. Cry freely as you feel the need.
- Try to maintain a balanced diet, get rest and moderate exercise. Avoid the use of drugs and alcohol.
- Give yourself extra lifts: hot baths, afternoon naps, a trip, time with special people, a walk in the woods, a favourite food.
- Talk about your loss. This is the most important thing you can do to reduce the pain.
- Accept yourself. Be gentle with yourself and reach out for help. It will help you cope and support you. to heal.
Remember your loved ones in our special annual non-denominational service held each November at Assumption Parish, Saint John West.